Cosmetic Eyeliner & Eyelash Enhancement Tattoo
Cosmetic eyeliner and eyelash enhancement, also known as permanent eye makeup, can bring more focus to your eye colour, enhance eye size, brighten tired looking eyes, and make you look years younger. Women who have pale lashes can use tattoo on eyeliner to create a defined look without makeup. You can choose between a defined natural look or a thicker, more dramatic and exotic look. For people who have blue or green eyes, there are a range of exotic eyeliner tattoo colours to choose from. Book an appointment today to find out which options are available.
Why Get an Eyelash Enhancement Tattoo?
An eyelash enhancement tattoo is ideal for defining and framing the eyes. Tiny dots of colour are implanted between the lashes, creating the appearance of fuller, thicker lashes. This rejuvenates the eye area without the noticeable effect of makeup, providing a very natural look. With permanent eye makeup, there’s no need to remove eyeliner before going to bed, no smudging when swimming or at the gym, and your eyes are perfect from the moment you wake each morning!
Cosmetic Eyeliner Pre Procedure Advice
Here’s what you need to know before a tattoo on eyeliner treatment session:
- Do not take Aspirin or Ibuprofen 2 days before and after your cosmetic eyeliner procedure.
- Do not discontinue any medication before consulting with your doctor.
- Do not drink alcohol the night before your treatment.
- A patch test will be performed unless waived upon request.
- If you suffer from any allergies, advise your therapist. Some clients can be allergic to the pigment that is placed in their skin.
Permanent Eye Makeup After Care Information
Tattoo on eyeliner takes one week to 10 days to completely heal. Immediately after the treatment, cosmetic eyeliner will be tender and the colour will appear much darker than the one you have chosen during your consultation. As the skin flakes off, the colour will be reduced by 20-40%. Please do not worry at this stage, as we can alter the colour and shape at your top-up session. To get the best results from your cosmetic eyeliner or eyelash enhancement tattoo, the following steps should be taken:
- Apply Paw Paw or Bepanthen cream 3-4 times daily, including before and after showering (keep the area moist).
- Prevent cross-contamination. Hygiene is important − always wash your hands before applying healing balm, and use a clean cotton bud.
- In between each application, slightly wipe off old cream before the next application.
- Itchiness and exfoliation is normal and part of the healing process. Do not pick, peel or scratch the area or colour may heal unevenly and you risk scarring and infection. Allow the wound to flake on its own.
- Do not exercise or swim for 48 hours, and do not swim in salt or chlorinated water. Avoid spas, saunas and Jacuzzis.
- Do not wear makeup until the tattoo has flaked off, and also avoid using makeup cleanser.
- Avoid direct sun expose. Wearing sunscreen is advised to prevent fading of your permanent eye makeup.
- After eyeliner procedure, conjunctivitis may occur.Should this happen go to pharmacy and purchase eyedrops for the condition.
To learn more or make an appointment, call Cosmetic Tattoo Victoria on (03) 7379 7644. Alternatively, you can fill out our online enquiry form.
Go to our Gallery page to see more